Regarding the handling of personal information provided by users of the Japan Weather Association (hereinafter, “JWA”) website (hereinafter, “Corporate Website” and “Users”), JWA will strictly comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter, “Act”) and other related laws and guidelines in addition to respecting Users’ privacy. JWA takes appropriate safety measures, and implements sufficient supervisory steps when handling personal information.
1. Acquisition of personal information
JWA may obtain personal information (meaning information that can identify a User, or information unique to a User) of Users, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses, through the “Inquiries” page of the Corporate Website, applications for seminars and events hosted by JWA, employment applications, business negotiations, and interviews with business partners, etc.
2. Use of personal information
As a general rule, JWA will not use any acquired personal information beyond the scope necessary for the following purposes:
- To answer inquiries from business partners
- To send business materials, etc. to business partners
- For business contact/notification to business partners
- For management of business partners
- For management of seminars and events
- For contacting and notifying participants regarding seminars and events
- For management of employment applicants
- For contacting and notifying employment applicants
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
JWA will not provide acquired personal information to any third party except in the following cases:
- With the consent of the relevant User
- When entrusting the handling of such personal information to a partner company, affiliated company, or business consignee that has concluded a nondisclosure agreement regarding personal information covering the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use specified to the relevant User
- When such personal information has been processed as statistical data into a form where individual Users cannot be identified
- When required by law, etc.
4. Disclosure of personal information
When requested by a User to disclose his/her personal information, JWA will perform such disclosure without delay after confirming that User’s identity. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, JWA may not disclose all or part of that User’s personal information, in which case JWA will notify the User of such a decision with reason:
- When the disclosure poses a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the relevant User or third party
- When the disclosure poses a risk of significant hindrance to JWA’s business activities
- When the disclosure poses a risk of violating the Act and/or other laws or regulations
5. Correction and deletion of User information
If a User’s personal information in JWA’s possession is incorrect, the User himself/herself may correct such information, or request to add to or delete it in accordance with the procedure established by JWA (hereinafter, “Correction Procedure”). If JWA receives a request from a User and determines that it is necessary to respond to it, JWA will correct the relevant personal information without delay.
However, information falling under any of the following items is not subject to correction or deletion:
- Confidential information that is required to be retained pursuant to laws and regulations or the judgments, decisions, orders, etc. of a competent judicial or administrative entity
- Electromagnetic duplication of confidential information stored as part of normal data backup processes that is practically difficult to delete
6. Suspension of use of personal information, etc.
If a User himself/herself deems that his/her personal information has been handled in a manner that goes beyond the scope of its specified purposes of use, or that it has been obtained illegally, and requests that his/her personal information be destroyed, or its use be suspended, JWA will destroy such personal information, or suspend its use. After confirming that the request is actually from the relevant User, JWA will undertake the necessary investigational measures, and if JWA determines that it is necessary to respond to the User’s request, JWA will promptly do the needful, such as destruction of the relevant personal information, or suspension of its use.
In order to improve the services offered by the Corporate Website, JWA may use access logs and “cookies”* to collect information on the browsing status of the Corporate Website through Google Analytics (Google, Inc.) or similar service. JWA may also analyze such information using “cookie” text files generated in connection with such analytics services. However, at this time, JWA only uses such information, such as customer information (e.g., IP address information collected by Google, Inc.), for the purpose of analyzing the use status of the Corporate Website and providing services to Users. By using the Corporate Website, Users will be deemed to have given permission for such data processing by Google for the above procedures and purposes.
In addition, “cookies” shall not include any personally identifiable items such as Users’ names, email addresses, telephone numbers, and addresses. However, should a User feel uncomfortable with the collection of his/her personal information through the use of these “cookies,” he/she may configure his/her browser settings to refuse to accept such “cookies.” However, such Users should note that if they elect to not accept “cookies,” some services and functions offered by the Corporate Website may not work properly.
10. For inquiries
Japan Weather Association Inquiry Form (https://www.jwa.or.jp/english/contact/)
A cookie is a small text file that is recorded on a User’s device (PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.) when the User visits the Corporate Website. This file is used to recognize the User the next time he/she visits the Corporate Website.