Japan Weather Association provides weather and ocean forecasts necessary for the construction, maintenance, and inspection of offshore wind power facilities.
“Weather and Ocean Forecasting for Offshore Wind Farm Operators” is a service that provides forecast information on weather and ocean conditions required for construction, maintenance, and inspection of offshore wind power generation facilities to support safe, smooth, and low-cost offshore operations.
The construction, maintenance and inspection of offshore wind power generation facilities involves a variety of offshore operations at the sea surface, under the sea, and at high altitudes. These operations are easily affected by weather conditions such as wind, rain, lightning, visibility, and ocean conditions such as waves and forecast information on weather and ocean conditions is necessary to ensure work safety and process management.
JWA provides highly accurate weather and ocean forecasts that address factors specific to offshore wind power, such as hub-height wind. It can be used for both fixed bottom and floating wind turbines.
These weather and ocean information can be centrally managed on the web to improve operational efficiency. The service is available not only in Japan but also overseas.
- Centralized management of weather and ocean information required for offshore wind farm operations: waves, ocean wind, hub height wind (e.g., 100 m altitude), lightning, icing, and visibility.
- Highly accurate forecast information is provided by using appropriate forecasting methods that meet the needs of customers.
- The information is provided four times a day.
- The layout of forecast elements and forms can be changed to meet the needs of customers.
- In addition to web display on PCs and smartphones, e-mail distribution is also possible.
- Determination of the feasibility of offshore work, such as construction, maintenance, and inspection of wind turbines for offshore wind power generation facilities
- Determination of weather conditions by MWS (Marine Warranty Survey)